If you’re an author, you know that self-publishing can be a great way to get your work out into the world. But it can also be a lot of work. One way to make your self-publishing journey easier is to create a pre-order campaign for your KDP e-book.
A pre-order campaign is a great way to generate excitement and buzz for your book before it’s even released. It can help you build a following of early adopters who will be eager to read your book when it’s finally available.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to create a pre-order campaign for your KDP e-book. We’ll cover everything from setting up your campaign to promoting it to your readers.
### Setting up your pre-order campaign
The first step is to set up your pre-order campaign on KDP. To do this, go to your KDP dashboard and click on the “Pre-order” tab.
You’ll then need to enter the following information:
* Your book’s title
* Your book’s description
* Your book’s cover image
* Your book’s price
* The release date for your book
Once you’ve entered all of this information, click on the “Create Pre-order” button.
### Promoting your pre-order campaign
Now that you’ve set up your pre-order campaign, it’s time to start promoting it. Here are a few tips:
* **Share your pre-order link on social media.** Share your pre-order link on your social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
* **Write a blog post about your book.** Write a blog post about your book and include your pre-order link.
* **Send out an email newsletter to your subscribers.** If you have an email list, send out an email newsletter to your subscribers about your pre-order campaign.
* **Run a contest or giveaway.** Run a contest or giveaway to promote your pre-order campaign. You could offer a free copy of your book to the winner, or you could offer a prize pack of related products.
### Tracking your pre-order sales
Once you’ve launched your pre-order campaign, you’ll want to track your sales. You can do this by going to your KDP dashboard and clicking on the “Reports” tab.
Under the “Sales Reports” section, you’ll see a report for your pre-order campaign. This report will show you the number of pre-orders you’ve received, as well as the total sales revenue.
### Fulfilling your pre-orders
Once your book is published, you’ll need to fulfill your pre-orders. To do this, go to your KDP dashboard and click on the “Orders” tab.
Under the “Pre-orders” section, you’ll see a list of all of your pre-orders. You can click on each pre-order to view more information, such as the shipping address and the order status.
To fulfill a pre-order, click on the “Fulfill” button. You’ll then be able to print a shipping label and send your book to the customer.
Creating a pre-order campaign for your KDP e-book is a great way to generate excitement and buzz for your book before it’s even released. By following the tips in this blog post, you can create a successful pre-order campaign that will help you sell more books.
### Additional tips
* **Offer a discount on your book for pre-orders.** This is a great way to incentivize readers to pre-order your book.
* **Create a landing page for your pre-order campaign.** Your landing page should include information about your book, as well as your pre-order link.
* **Run a social media campaign.** Use social media to promote your pre-order campaign and generate excitement for your book.
* **Partner with other authors.** Partner with other authors who are also self-publishing to promote each other’s books.
* **Get reviews for your book.** Getting reviews for your book is essential for building credibility and trust with potential readers.
By following these tips, you can create a successful pre-order campaign that will help you sell more books and build your readership.
* [KDP Pre-order Campaigns](https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201312080)
* [How to Create a Pre-order Campaign for Your Book](https://www.bookbaby.com